Friday 13 March 2009

bought a fridge, got a monolith



Normally I wouldn't blog about domestic events like buying a fridge but our new fridge looks so much like the monolith in 2001: a space odyessy I couldn't resist making a short film about it.

One of the most vivid memories from my childhood is seeing 2001 and having one of those 'what was that' moments. I now think that the best explanation for its meaning is that it's all about having lunch. There are so many scenes in the film of people having lunch that the only character who doesn't is HAL who subsequently goes nuts. The moral of this story is, of course, to always eat your greens and it's also appropriate that my fridge is all about having lunch too.


Having lunch at the Dawn of Man


Dave Bowman having lunch


No lunch for HAL


2001: a space odyssey IMDB

Amazon.co.uk

with apologies to Stanley Kubrick, Arthur C Clarke and Gyorgy Ligeti

1 comment: